The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) publishes official rules of basketball, though there are some variations. The NBA uses its own rules and court size, and the WNBA rules are a further variation on the NBA rules.
- International Basketball Federation Official Basketball Rules (5v5)
- International Basketball Federation Official 3×3 Rules (3v3, half-size court)
- International Basketball Federation Mini-Basketball (1v1 through 3v3, youth)
- National Basketball Association (5v5, professional men’s)
- US Amateur Basketball
- Women’s National Basketball Association (5v5, professional women’s)
A typical basketball court is 84 feet long by 50 feet wide. The baskets are mounted 10 feet above the court. The three-point field goal area begins three feet from the sidelines and runs from the baseline to an arc that extends 23 feet 9 inches from the center of the basket.
Court diagram; click to enlarge.