Referee Education & Development
- Certify or Renew
- Assessment & Upgrades: See upgrade requirements below.
- Referee Equipment: Official Store
- Instructors Directory: Instructor positions available! Email Director of Officials Said Sanhoury.
- Members Only: Rules, Tips, Assessment, Examination
Welcome to USIndoor’s Referee Education and Development Program, dedicated to the development of indoor soccer referees at all competitive levels of the game!
Certification & Renewal
Certification takes place either live, including field and classroom instruction, or online, where locally permitted, under the supervision of national and local instructors. USIndoor offers four badge levels (Referee, State, National and Professional), subject to requirements relating to experience, achievement and assessment. Renewal notices are emailed near the end of each calendar year. First-time referee certification is $60 and re-certification starts at $45, depending on the badge. Upgrades may be annually requested. For more, see annual certification and upgrade requirements.
First-time referee certification is $60 and recertification fees start at $45. Upgrades may be annually requested, subject to USIndoor’s official guidelines and each local instructor. Badge candidates may attend either a live clinic, conducted by a USIndoor instructor, or take an online course, depending on location. See the chart below for annual recertification requirements.
Administered by a certified, experienced, and professional staff of indoor soccer referees, USIndoor’s Referee Program is the only program in the world that offers the specialized education and training necessary for indoor soccer referees to receive a nationally recognized credential for local youth and amateur, regional and national tournament, and professional competition.
IF YOU ARE:
- Interested in becoming a certified indoor soccer referee
- Eager to improve your skills for assignments to higher levels of competition
- A facility, league, tournament, or other organization interested in improving your games’ officiating
- Looking to fortify your independent contractor status
- Planning to hold USIndoor sanctioned competitions
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR YOU!
Included with Certification
- Admission to one (1) Referee Training Clinic
- USIndoor’s “Official Rules of Indoor Soccer”
- USIndoor Referee Badge (velcro patch)
- Membership in USIndoor
- Insurance (active referees only): $1,000,000 General Liability (no deductible); $25,000 Supplemental Medical ($500 deductible). For details, see Certificate of Insurance.
For additional information about USIndoor’s Referee Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, date of birth, years of indoor experience (if any) and description, address, and telephone number.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS PROGRAM – YOUR PROGRAM – GREAT!
Annual Certification & Upgrade Requirements
Recertification (i.e., annual renewal) is available to existing USIndoor referees only. Badges are good through calendar years, renewable online in most locations. Test requirements are subject to change by USIndoor’s Director of Officials and instructors.
|Badge||Prerequisites||Certified For||Annual Fee|
|Referee||Pass written & physical test with 90% or higher||Youth & Amateur Games||$45.00|
|State||Youth & Amateur Games||$50.00|
|National||Youth & Amateur Games Regional & National Tournaments||$55.00|
|Professional||Youth & Amateur Games Regional & National Tournaments Pro Leagues||$60.00|